User guide / How to back up files
You can back up your files and save games if desired. This example is for backing up files to a USB flash drive.
Double-click File manager
The file manager starts in the home directory.
Click the ^ caret button to go up to the parent directory.
- Click the rogue directory to select it
- Click Compress zip
It will show a list of archive formats
- Click OK to pick the default archive format
It will show progress as it compresses the archive
- Wait for it to finish
- Click Copy
- Insert the USB flash drive
- Click Media
This will show the /media directory. Rogue Class Linux will
automatically mount the USB flash drive to a subdirectory here. The
name of the subdirectory depends on the label on the flash drive. In
this example, it is FLASHDRIVE.
- Double-click FLASHDRIVE
- Click Paste
- This will copy the backup to the flash drive.
- Click Unmount
- This will make sure that the backup is completely written to the flash drive. It is important to do this before you remove the drive.
See also: How to restore files